It’s hard to believe that this is the first time I’ve shared pictures of our home since I shared these back in June from our walkthrough! Sure, there have been little glimpses in posts like my sister’s baby shower, George’s birthday party, or the recent annual brunch I hosted. But I’ve yet to share updated pictures of our home for the sole purpose of decor. Before we moved in I was SO excited to go room by room sharing updates along the way as we decorated each room, but obviously that didn’t happen. The weekend we moved in, we actually got so much accomplished. Everything was unpacked, assembled, hung and set up with the help of so many of our friends.
So why did I wait so long to post pictures?
Well… I was waiting for perfection. If a room wasn’t exactly the way I wanted it, I felt it wasn’t worth sharing. I think sometimes it’s so easy to get caught up comparing ourselves to others, thinking that things have to be “perfect” or it’s not worth sharing. However, I think it’s worth recognizing, that the journey is often times more exciting than the end result! It’s likely that I will never have each room exactly the way I want it… but that’s life!
All that being said, I am so excited to share an updated home tour with you today, Christmas edition! The twinkling of the lights, the smell of fresh garlands and wreaths, a lit fire, and presents under the tree… it all adds such a magical feeling this time of year.
I am drawn to neutral colors year round, so for the holidays, I love to play off the same color scheme I already love: greens, whites and beiges. I have found that I can use less holiday-specific decor when the whole room already echoes the same colors! This year however, I decided to add in a little blush to the mix and I am loving the result!!
Oh, how I wish these decorations could stay up year round!
After I took these photos, I spruced up the mantle a little by adding little wooden monogram letters to each stocking and some faux pine sprays to the top of the garland to make it a little more full.
Vintage Gold Lantern Pendant | Blanket Ladder | Large Celadon Ceramic Table Vase Sold Out (Similar here and here) | Green Floral Print Pillow Covers (Similar here) & Inserts | White Ruffle Footed Bowl | Couch | Ornaments (Champagne & Rosegold)
Dining Table & Bench | Chandelier | Framed Vintage-Inspired Floral Prints (one & two) | Gold Mirrored Side Table: HomeGoods | Linen Slipcovers & Chairs | Green Velvet Pillow Covers & Inserts | White Pitcher Vase
Linen Tufted Bed (in Performance Everyday Linen by Crypton Home, in Oatmeal) | Mattress | White Sheets (My favorite affordable option!) | Floral Duvet Cover & Euro Shams | White Duvet Cover & Monogrammed Shams | Euro & King Sham Pillow Inserts | King Memory Foam Sleeping Pillows | Tufted Bench | Chest of Drawers | Bedside Table Lamps | Mercury Glass Candle | Curtains | Curtain Rods | Small “Green” Lumbar Pillow
It has been so fun decorating our home for the first time, especially during the Christmas season! I tried to keep things pretty simple and understated this year with subtle festive touches spread throughout and I’m loving the way it turned out. I hope y’all enjoyed this little sneak peak into our home decorated for Christmas!
Full Source List
- Fresh Cedar Garlands & Greenery: Pike Nursery
- Ribbons on Garland: Michael’s
- Linen Stockings & Tree Skirt
- Mini Sugared Pine Cones & Wood Monogram Letters on stockings
- Fresh Cedar Garland
- Faux Pine Sprays (mixed in with the dining table centerpiece, fireplace garland and placed alone in vases)
- Natural Fiber Floral Area Rug
- Large Celadon Ceramic Table Vase Sold Out (Similar here and here)
- White Ruffle Footed Bowl
- Small White Bowl: HomeGoods (with off brand-Jenga pieces inside)
- Green Floral Print Pillow Covers Sold Out (Similar here) & Inserts
- Green Velvet Pillow Covers & Inserts
- Blanket Ladder
- Vintage Gold Lantern Pendant
- Basket (we use it to store the dog’s toys)
- Gold Mirrored Side Table: HomeGoods
- Linen Slipcovers & Chairs
- Real Flocked 8′ Christmas Tree (flocked trees require no watering!)
- Michael’s (I love to buy the boxed ornaments from here to create a color theme. They’re the best I’ve seen quality wise for the price & they often go on sale for only $3 for a box of 4-8 depending on the size! I have boxed sets in frosted & milky white, along with frosted and mirrored blush/rose gold & champagne mixed in this tree as well as the bowl on the coffee table)
- Ivory & Gold Faux Magnolia Flower Sprays: Reeve’s (I use these to fill gaps or holes near the center of the tree. I simply put a few where some gaps were then lined the rest up in a zig-zag pattern)
- Silver Sprays: Michael’s (I use these in a zig-zag pattern as well to add some dimension and sparkle throughout the tree)
- Remaining ornaments from Pier 1, Pottery Barn, Macy’s, Target, and a few of the sparkly gold ones are from Walmart.
- Linen Tufted Bed (in Performance Everyday Linen by Crypton Home, in Oatmeal)
- White Sheets (My favorite affordable option!)
- Floral Duvet Cover & Euro Shams
- White Duvet Cover & Monogrammed Shams
- Euro & King Sham Pillow Inserts
- King Memory Foam Sleeping Pillows
- Tufted Bench
- Chest of Drawers
- Bedside Table Lamps
- Mercury Glass Candle
- Curtain Rods
- Small “Green” Lumbar Pillow